- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 4 AKUA Krab Cakes
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs or crushed crackers of your choice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 loaf of sourdough or a baking dish
Preheat the oven to 350°F
In a large skillet over medium heat melt the vegan butter and sauté the onions, celery and red pepper until soft (~10 min)
Add in the thawed Krab Cakes and mix to combine.
Reduce the heat to low and add in the vegan cream cheese; stir to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, nutritional yeast, and Old Bay seasoning. Add that into the krab mixture and stir until evenly mixed. Continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted.
Add the shredded vegan mozzarella cheese & stir.
Transfer the mixture to a medium casserole dish and set aside to cool
In a medium bowl combine the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Hollow out a round loaf of sourdough bread (we used a rosemary loaf) and add your Krab Cake dip to the the bowl.
Sprinkle the cracker mixture on top of the Krab Cake dip. Bake the entire loaf with the dip in it for 25 min, until lightly toasted.
Serve warm with sliced veggies, crackers, or use the cutout bread from the center of your loaf to dip. We crisped ours in the air-fryer!