Ingredients for the Krab Cake: Kelp, Cannellini Beans, Pea Protein, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Artichoke, Dijon Mustard, Potato Starch, Nutritional Yeast, Garlic, Onion Powder, Lemon Juice, Celery, Onion, Black Pepper, Pea Starch, Dry Mustard, Seasonings
Ingredients for the Kelp Burger: Kelp, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Crimini Mushrooms, Pea Protein, Black Beans, Quinoa, Organic Coconut Aminos (Organic Coconut Nectar, Organic Pure Coconut Blossom Sap, Natural Unrefined Sea Salt), Potato Starch, Nutritional Yeast, Tomato Powder, Chickpea Flour, Pea Starch, Spices, Konjac, Agar
Our Krab Cakes taste similar to the crab cakes you know and love, but with a slightly more oceany taste and less of a fishy one! They're breaded in quinoa crumbs for that perfect crunch and they have a lemon note that will send your taste buds soaring! ☄️☄️☄️ ... or should we say swimming? 💙🌊
The Kelp Burger is packed with toasty, umami flavor and rich notes of fresh tomatoes and mushrooms! It does not taste fishy.
Cooking the Krab Cakes
1. When ready to eat, remove the Krab Cake from the freezer.
2. Place frozen Krab Cakes onto a hot non-stick pan with an oil of your choice & cook over low to medium heat for 8 minutes on each side or until heated through (or until golden-brown). Be sure to bring krab cake to an internal temperature of 165 °.
3. Transfer onto a plate and serve with lemon wedges or your favorite vegan tartar sauce and enjoy!
1. Remove the Krab Cake from the freezer.
2. Place Krab Cake on a baking sheet pan, previously coated with preferred oil or cooking spray.
3. In a Pre- heated 400°-degree oven cook Krab Cakes for 20 minutes (Cook one side for 10 minutes then flip Krab Cake and continue baking for the remaining time 10 minutes). Cakes should be a nice golden brown. Be sure to bring Krab Cake to an internal temperature of 165°.
4. Transfer onto a plate and serve with lemon wedges or your favorite vegan tartar sauce and enjoy!
Cooking the Kelp Burgers
- When ready to eat, remove the Kelp Burgers from the freezer.
- Place 1-2 frozen Kelp Burgers onto a hot pan with an oil of your choice & cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes 'til you hear the sizzle!
- Flip & cook the Kelp Burgers for an additional 3-4 minutes so both sides are slightly crispy & the KB gets hot all the way through.
- Enjoy on their own or wrapped up in your choice of bun/lettuce & fixings! (We love spicy vegan mayo, vegan cheese, lettuce & avocado on a delicious bun, hun!)
Shipping costs depend on location and shipping times vary between 1-3 days. More info at check-out!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE LOVINGSkip product slider
Our Kelp Desk is Always Open
Kelp is a large brown macroalgae that grows in cold ocean waters. In the wild, kelp can form giant forests, which provide spectacular homes for hundreds of marine species. There are many different species of kelp including Saccharina latissima - known as Sugar Kelp and its close twin Skinny Kelp, which are the two types of kelp we grow to make our products.
Our kelp comes from pristine waters along the Northeast seaboard from Maine to Rhode Island. All of our kelp is harvested by our network of farmers and it is processed in Portland, ME.
Each state regulates the water that seaweed can be grown in, only allowing aquaculture for commercial use to take place in Approved/Open and Conditionally Approved areas. These areas are classified by water quality, pollution data collection, and a number of other data points. These classifications are based on shellfish standards which are the highest in the aquaculture industry, as the shellfish filter the water and are more susceptible to pollutants.
The entire industry from state regulations to the individual farmers make every attempt to farm responsibly in areas that are free from known contaminants.
Yes, all of our products are 100% gluten-free.
Yes, all of our products are 100% vegan.
We add very little salt to our recipes and the majority of the sodium is naturally occurring from the kelp soaking up all the nutrients in the ocean water for the 6 months it's planted.
If you're trying to watch your sodium, please ask your doctor about if seaweeds with naturally occurring ocean salts are an exception!
We include nine-month “best by dates” on our Kelp Jerky because this is when Kelp Jerky starts to lose its optimal flavor. This is also subject to how Kelp Jerky is stored. We recommend storing Kelp Jerky at room temperature in an air-tight container. Storing Kelp Jerky in the fridge will dull the flavors until it’s been properly thawed to room temperature.
It is very hard for a dehydrated snack like Kelp Jerky to “go bad”. Our best by dates are really about optimal flavor.