SpongeBob SquarePants Kelp Patties (Six 4-Packs):
- That's right, we made The World's First Kelp Burger kid-friendly! This mini-version of our original flavor is packed with whole ingredients and a bite that is just as delicious as it is nutritious!
SpongeBob SquarePants BBQ Patties (Six 4-Packs):
- We took our plant-based barbecue under the sea with this reminiscent rendition of the Kelp Patty. Not only are AKUA's BBQ Kelp Patties packed with nutrient-dense land & sea vegetables, but they taste sweet, tangy, and a tiny bit smoky as any BBQ-flavored burger should.
When ready to eat, remove the Kelp Burgers from the freezer!
• Place 1-2 Kelp Burgers onto a hot pan with an oil of your choice & cook over medium to high heat for 3-4 minutes 'til you hear the sizzle!
• Flip & cook the Kelp Burgers for an additional 3-4 minutes so both sides are slightly crispy & the KB gets hot all the way through. Internal temperature should reach 165°F.
• Cook for 10 minutes at 375-400°F.
Enjoy on their own or wrapped up in your choice of bun/lettuce & fixings! We love vegan mayo, vegan cheese, lettuce & avocado on a delicious pretzel bun, hun!
Shipping costs depend on location and shipping times vary between 1-3 days. More info at check-out!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE LOVINGSkip product slider
Our Kelp Desk is Always Open
Kelp is a large brown macroalgae that grows in cold ocean waters. In the wild, kelp can form giant forests, which provide spectacular homes for hundreds of marine species. There are many different species of kelp including Saccharina latissima - known as Sugar Kelp and its close twin Skinny Kelp, which are the two types of kelp we grow to make our products.
Our kelp comes from pristine waters along the Northeast seaboard from Maine to Rhode Island. All of our kelp is harvested by our network of farmers and it is processed in Portland, ME.
Each state regulates the water that seaweed can be grown in, only allowing aquaculture for commercial use to take place in Approved/Open and Conditionally Approved areas. These areas are classified by water quality, pollution data collection, and a number of other data points. These classifications are based on shellfish standards which are the highest in the aquaculture industry, as the shellfish filter the water and are more susceptible to pollutants.
The entire industry from state regulations to the individual farmers make every attempt to farm responsibly in areas that are free from known contaminants.
Yes, all of our products are 100% gluten-free.
Yes, all of our products are 100% vegan.
We add very little salt to our recipes and the majority of the sodium is naturally occurring from the kelp soaking up all the nutrients in the ocean water for the 6 months it's planted.
If you're trying to watch your sodium, please ask your doctor about if seaweeds with naturally occurring ocean salts are an exception!
We include nine-month “best by dates” on our Kelp Jerky because this is when Kelp Jerky starts to lose its optimal flavor. This is also subject to how Kelp Jerky is stored. We recommend storing Kelp Jerky at room temperature in an air-tight container. Storing Kelp Jerky in the fridge will dull the flavors until it’s been properly thawed to room temperature.
It is very hard for a dehydrated snack like Kelp Jerky to “go bad”. Our best by dates are really about optimal flavor.