Valentine's Day Pink Pasta with Kelp Burger Meatballs
Published by cbm kelp,
- 6 oz farfalle pasta (or GF pasta)
- 1 large red beet, peeled
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- AKUA Kelp Burger Ground Meat
- 1.5 tbsp vegan breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 2 tsp parsley dried
- 1 tsp cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. Remove the stems & greens from the beet & wrap the beet with parchment paper. Place it on a sheet pan and roast for 55-60 min (until the beet is tender).
2. Next, place the raw cashews in about ~ 1 inch of water in a medium-sized saucepan, then bring it to a boil. Let cook for 10 min, drain any excess water, and set aside.
3. As the beet roasts, saute the onions in a large pan over medium heat until soft and translucent, then add the sliced garlic & cook for 3 min.
4. Remove the cooked beet from the oven, let it cool, and peel the skin off.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until tender (9-12 min). Drain & set it aside. While the pasta is cooking, it's time to make the beet pasta sauce.
6. Add the beet, boiled cashews, sauteed onions, garlic, lemon juice, almond milk, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper to a blender.
7. Blend the mixture on high - til the sauce is creamy and smooth. Next, pour the sauce into a large saucepan and warm it over medium-low heat.
8. Lastly, add the zest of 1 lemon, a few handfuls of spinach, and the cooked pasta to the pan containing the beet sauce. Stir the noodles to coat them in the sauce. Garnish with chopped chives & serve!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE!Skip recommended recipes
Cheezy Vegan Krab Cake Dip
Bring this delicious crab-less dip to your next gameday or gathering!
Loaded Vegan Kelp Burger Nachos
SPICY SUPERBOWL KELP BURGER NACHOS 🧀🌶️🏈🔥 by @purely_annie 👩🍳