Tuscan Kelp Burger with Kelp Mayo
Published by Eve Palmer,
Created for the AKUA blog by Sustainable Seafood Educator Jen Bushman!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared basil or kelp pesto, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Four Kelp Burgers, thawed
- 1 small red onion, cut into four slices and soaked in ice water
- 1 large heirloom tomato, cut into four slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into four slices (optional)
- 4 Italian rolls, split, brushed with olive oil and toasted
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
Kelp Basil Pesto
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and kelp pesto
- Cover and chill until serving
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat
- Brush the Kelp Burgers with olive oil
- Grill the Kelp Burgers until heated through and browned
- Brush onion and tomato slices with oil
- Grill onion over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender
- Grill tomato for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned
- Plate the Kelp Burger with the sauce and veggies and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE!Skip recommended recipes
Rather than going for the traditional ketchup, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and onion-style burger, we opted for a more Mediterranean flavor...
The recipe everyone asks you for at the after-party!