Tex Mex Kelp Burger Meatballs
Published by Eve Palmer,
Feeds 3 people
- ½ Kelp Burger "Ground Meat" pack
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan egg
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ green onion, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- In a bowl, combine Kelp Burger "Ground Meat", vegan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeno, vegan egg, cumin, salt & pepper
- Mix until combined, then form into meatballs
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil & cook meatballs, searing for 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add onion to skillet & cook, stirring, until translucent
- Add in crushed tomatoes & chiles & bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low & add meatballs to skillet
- Cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through (~10 minutes)
- Top with extra vegan cheese, then cover to let melt
- Garnish with parsley. Tastes great served with rice & veggie sides!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE!Skip recommended recipes
Rather than going for the traditional ketchup, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and onion-style burger, we opted for a more Mediterranean flavor...
The recipe everyone asks you for at the after-party!