Kelp Burger Lasagna
Published by Eve Palmer,
Serves 8-10 people
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 medium sized zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 10oz container vegan ricotta cheese (you can make with seasoned & crumbled tofu)
- 4 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 pack Kelp Burger Ground Meat
- Boil water and cook your pasta noodles, laying flat afterwards to set
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree
- Oil a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish
- Add olive oil to pan over medium heat and then add onion and cook until translucent
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, zucchini, a pinch of salt and then let cook, stirring occasionally for another 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and let sit at a low simmer and cook to thicken
- Arrange four lengthwise to cover the bottom of the dish
- Add about half of the vegan ricotta cheese mixture evenly over the noodles
- On top, add 1/3 of the vegan mozzarella cheese
- Then, add 1/3 pack of Kelp Burger Ground Meat
- Top with 1/3 of the vegetable mixture
- Add another layer of four noodles then repeat with another 1/3 of the Kelp Burger Ground Meat, cheese and vegetable mixture.
- Finish with a final layer of noodles, vegetables, Kelp Burger Ground Meat, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven, baking for 20 minutes, uncover then bake 15 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly brown
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE!Skip recommended recipes
Rather than going for the traditional ketchup, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and onion-style burger, we opted for a more Mediterranean flavor...
The recipe everyone asks you for at the after-party!